UX Fest is an event designed to inspire and unite a community. There is absolutely zero tolerance for any behavior which makes anyone feel unwelcome, uncomfortable, or unsafe. This code of conduct applies to anyone involved in UX Fest including speakers, attendees, volunteers, staff, and sponsors. Here, we outline the definition of harassment and how to report inappropriate behavior.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual or inappropriate images
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recordings
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Anyone asked to stop harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately. If harassing behavior occurs, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender and/or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
- Personally with any conference staff wearing a UX Fest t-shirt
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anonymously via This Google Form that does not require an email address to submit.
This anti-harassment policy is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers.