On this episode of The Dirt we take a look at the news for the week. Ridiculous topics include Nike abandoning wearables and the FuelBand hardware team, the Picturefill 2.0 polyfill, the total f**king betrayal of the American people at the hands of the FCC, and a new browser from Opera called Coast.
Listen to the Show
- CNET: Nike fires majority of FuelBand team, will stop making wearable hardware
- Re/code: Nike Denies FuelBand Shutdown, but Layoffs Could Reveal New Cracks in Wearables Market
- Stratechery: Apple and Nike
- Cite World: How simple math and a Nike cultural imperative might have killed Fuelband
- Filament Group: Picturefill 2.0
- The Verge: It’s time for the FCC to stand up for Americans instead of ruining the internet
- The Verge: FCC proposal would destroy net neutrality
- We The People: Maintain true net neutrality to protect the freedom of information in the United States.
- ZD Net: EU passes net neutrality law, votes to end throttling, site blocking
- Marco.org: Anti-Net-Neutrality “Fast Lanes” Are Bullshit
- MacRumors: ‘Opera Coast’ WebKit-Based Browser Now Available for iPhone
- Opera Dev Blog: Introducing Coast by Opera