Do you challenge the details of every product or experience around you? Do you wonder who designed those things and see opportunities for improvement? Do you love designing and creating innovative products?
Fresh Tilled Soil has designed over 700 digital products and websites in the last 13 years. That might sound like a lot, but we’re just getting started. We are looking for a designer who has the same passion for great digital experiences that we do.
A day in your life would look like this:
- Work closely with other designers, developers, and strategists to conceptualize and prototype user experiences for multiple platforms, and devices.
- Meet regularly with clients and partners in guided sessions to identify new product innovations and improve on old ideas.
- Content strategy: audits, have/want/need analysis, IA, IA test creation and interpretation
- Design strategy: craft design requirements, define product feature ROI, define user personas, goals, and journeys
- Create visual assets like sketches, wireframes, illustrated user flows, low and high fidelity design concepts.
- Validate design decisions with user testing, interviews and peer reviews.
- Work with your project team to finalize validated prototypes and turn them into elegant and intuitive designs.
- Collaborate closely with our client’s designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure that your ideas are smoothly implemented.
- Stay up to date on industry blogs and publications, research new product innovations, attend workshops and teach yourself new cutting-edge skills to stay ahead of the curve.
To make this day truly awesome you’ll need to have the following skills:
- Proven track record of designing digital products and experiences.
- Exceptional visual, verbal, and writing skills. A lot of what we do is communicating, discussing, and defending ideas and decisions.
- Intimate understanding of how digital products work (UI and UX).
- Passion to understand how end-users engage with digital experiences.
- Humility and thoughtfulness.
- Social and personal skills that make others want you on their team.
- The dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want to go to bat for you and support you through thick and thin.
- The ability to create remarkable, visually consistent, and innovative designs that meet our client’s goals.
- Above average knowledge of standard user interface design concepts and processes.
A few more details:
- This is an Independent Contractor/Freelance position. There is potential to transition to a full-time employee position over time.
- We are open to candidates located anywhere in the U.S. We do a great deal of our work remotely and we support distributed work.
Please send us a portfolio of your work and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d make a good addition to the team. Nobody will be considered without evidence of these skills, so please don’t waste anyone’s time with a dusty resume. You can send your work via email (richard at freshtilledsoil dot com) or Twitter (@freshtilledsoil).
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
P.S. No recruiters or solicitors please!