Designer – User Interface/User Experience at Fresh Tilled Soil, Waltham MA
Fresh Tilled Soil is looking for an experienced User Interface/User Experience designer with an eye for detail, and a passion for the digital space to join our growing team. As the fastest-growing UI firm in the Northeast, we are looking to bring on talented, energetic individuals with a passion for designing fun and innovative applications. You must be Boston based. Recruiters need not bug us with calls.
* Work closely with client product managers to create user-centered designs for complex online products by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
* Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-build cycles
* Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
* Passion for making user interfaces that look and work great.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to explain your design decisions
* Know how to establish, work with, and grow brand guidelines
* Positively accept constructive feedback
* Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
* A portfolio of design examples (very important!)
* Great web design skills with a work ethic to match
* Bachelors Degree OR comparable experience in Web Design, or related field
* Strong HTML/CSS skills
* Thorough understanding of user experience design for rich Internet experiences and social applications
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively throughout
* Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new products
We maintain a casual and fun work environment, but were serious about meeting our deadlines to produce the best experience for our users and contributors. Work hard, play hard is the bottom line. Previous experience in a small or medium sized team environment helps, but certainly isn’t required. Being part of a small company means that theres no help desk, no formal review committees or rigid structure. We have an amazing vision to be the first choice of UI designers for startups and entrepreneurs.