We recently updated our own home page design with some very positive results. As you can see below the redesign wasn’t significantly different but there were some key improvements. Our goal with this ui website redesign was to reduce the “drop-off” or bounce rate from the site.
From the Google Analytics charts below you can see that we had a massive improvement in bounce rates. The new user interface design reduced bounce rates from an average of around 50% to around 5%.
Here are the specific changes we made:
- Remove the search bar from the navigation
- Make the positioning statement clearer and more focused
- Increase the size of the portfolio area to give more attention to the design work we do for your clients
- Make the contact form more accessible and give it a friendly face to make it feel more personal
- Reduce the complexity of the blog and twitter feeds so the content is not overwhelming