Every now & then, it’s useful to take a look at yourself to assess your current accomplishments & future goals. It’s something that happened inadvertently to me while working on entering Fresh Tilled Soil as an entrant in some local achievement awards, and so I thought I’d share 10 highlights of the cool stuff we’ve done as a company in the past year.
- FreshTilledSoil.com was featured on a number of websites that gave us props for our site design, both before & after our recent redesign (but mostly after!) Some of the sites we were featured on are: unmatchedstyle.com, hotCSSdesign.com, 1pagewebdesign.com, onepagelove.com, & CSSfury.com. Thanks to you all for recognizing us!
- Fresh Tilled Soil got listed in the Alltop directory under the design category.
- Our team had guest blog posts on lots of sites including InspiredM, ThinkVitamin, LinkBuildr.com, & more than once on BostonInnovation.com. Thanks for welcoming our thoughts, guest blog hosts.
- We came in 8th place in the design category for the annual shorty awards—all thanks to the much appreciated votes from our friends & supporters : )
- We helped a bunch of entrepreneurs bring their companies to life with prototypes and web app designs. (We’ll limit ourselves to two examples:)
(a.) We were especially proud of the high compliments we received from an industry audience about the Brightgauge prototype we designed, who called it: “the Mint.com of the IT industry”
(b.) One of our more publicized efforts was in working with RetireLife to build their web based start up; they were subsequently featured in Entrepreneur.com as one of ten hot start ups in 2010.
- We started a new green initiative that we called Project Growth, where for each client project we completed, we gave a donation to American Forests.org that was used to plant five trees.
- All of our designers received membership invitations to Dribbble , a web community where constructive criticism is shared amongst professional designers.
- MO.com interviewed our very own Richard Banfield, and published it on their website.
- Our Google ranking for the term “Boston Web Design” is now #3 on the first page of Google– a drastic improvement from a year ago.
- We have two brand new additions to our team whom we love & value dearly: Mike & Kelly.
So far so good, and we’re aiming even higher for our goals this upcoming year.
If you’re a client or friend & you’ve had some great company highlights in the past year or so, don’t forget to share!! Please post your stories & accomplishments via the comments section of this post!