This tracking table shows which jobs are still on the rise in terms of demand and which ones are falling out of favor. Delighted to see that almost everything on the list is exactly what we offer:
- Design of the Times: Graphic Design (#1) has regained the top spot in the Index trumping PHP (#2) which had held the pole position the past four consecutive months.
- Tech Still Trumps: Technology hiring trends continue to reaffirm the open-source movement with PHP (#2), MySQL (#3), Joomla! (#8) firmly entrenched in the Top 10.
- Customers Are King: Demand for cost-effective customer acquisition is demonstrated by Internet Marketing (#7) moving up five spots and bolstered by the Top 25 placement of Search Engine Optimization (#21), Lead Generation (#22), and Sales (#23).
- Is Web 2.0 Dead? Probably not, but demand for Twitter (#71) expertise dropped 25 slots, with Facebook (#63) and Social Networking (#45) also falling this month.
- Find Your Voice: Companies care how they sound, with Telemarketing (up 22 to #55), Telephone Etiquette (up 6 to #86) and Voice Over (#97) entering the Top 100 for the first time.
- Gaga for Google: Lots of upward mobility in Google-land, with Google Website Optimizer (#31) making a huge 28 spot leap, and Google Analytics (#93) and Google AdSense (#68) both debuting in the Index for their first time.Elance tracks jobs in demand