This year, our company experienced incredible growth. With this growth, we are often looking for candidates to hire as web designers. Often my experience of interviewing these potential candidates is funnier than you would imagine.
Here are some tips:
- Have more than one copy of your resume. We once had a candidate ask for their resume back because it was their only copy!
- Dress appropriately. Most offices these days are casual – business casual. We once had a candidate show up in a Karate outfit. Make you wonder if they always dress like that?
- Be early for the interview. By just hanging out in the sitting area, you can learn a lot about the company and its employees.
- Never say you are uncomfortable interacting with customers. Since Web Design is a service business you will need to speak to customers on occasion
- If you are really hungry and want the job, don’t be afraid to ask for it! Also, ask if there is a quick project you can do so they can test your work. Here is a chance to impress.