Finding the right web application designer is never easy. Here is a list of questions that you can ask your designer to get an understanding of their process and ability to deliver on the tasks. Having a conversation around these questions will quickly separate the posers from the real deal.
- How do you go from concept to final component?
- What does the development cycle look like and how will that work in parallel with the development team?
- What’s your process for delivering each of the UI components?
- How will we (the client) know when each component is complete?
- How does the design file get handed over to the development team?
- Is the final output from the designer a Photoshop file or will the design be completely coded in XHTML/CSS?
- Does the design team understand the difference between UI and UX?
- What is your process for educating your clients on the various Agile or LEAN development processes you will be using?
Good luck with your next project.