Do you scrutinize the details of every product or experience around you? Do you wonder who designed those things and see improvements you’d make? Do you love designing and creating innovative products? Does working with a team sound more interesting than working alone?
Fresh Tilled Soil has designed over 600 digital products and websites over the last 10 years. That might sound like a lot, but we’re just getting started. We are looking for a designer who has the kind of passion for great digital experiences that we do.
A day in your life would look like this:
- Working closely with other designers, developers and strategists to conceptualize and prototype user experiences for different platforms and devices.
- Regularly meeting with clients and partners in guided sessions like Design Sprints and Deep Dives to identify new product innovations and improve on old ideas.
- Creating visual assets like sketches, wire frames, illustrated user flows, low and high fidelity design concepts.
- Validating your design decisions with user testing, interviews and peer reviews.
- Working with your team to finalize validated prototypes and turn them into elegant and intuitive designs.
- Collaborating closely with the client’s designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure that your ideas get implemented for the best user experience.
- Finding time to read industry blogs and publications, research new product innovations, attend workshops and teach yourself new cutting-edge skills so you stay ahead of the curve.
To make this day truly awesome you’ll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven track record of designing digital products and experiences.
- Above average visual, verbal, and writing skills. A lot of what we do is communicating, discussing and defending ideas and decisions.
- Intimate understanding of how digital products work (UI and UX).
- Passion to understand how users engage with products.
- Humility and thoughtfulness. We know that you don’t know all the answers, don’t pretend you do.
- The type of social and personal skills that makes others want you on their team.
- The dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want to go to bat for you and support you through thick and thin.
- The ability to create remarkable, visually consistent and innovative designs.
- Above average knowledge of standard user interface design concepts and processes.
Ideally you’d be based in the Boston area so you can work closely with our team at our Watertown, MA offices.
Please send us a portfolio of your work and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d make a good addition to the team. Nobody will be considered without evidence of these skills, so please don’t waste anyone’s time with a dusty resume. You can send your work via email (richard at freshtilledsoil dot com) or via twitter (@freshtilledsoil).
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
P.S. No recruiters, please!